Thursday, July 1, 2010

Picture perfect lasagna

I've always liked to cook and have been a fan of food since the beginning, but I was really proud of the lasagna I made tonight for dinner. Homemade sauce and pasta, which is way easy, layered in deliciousness. I've made this lasagna before, but what got me was how perfect it looked from the side. Mark had put a piece on his plate and I told him he couldn't eat it cuz I had to get a picture.


Then I had to compare it to the picture in my cookbook. Not too shabby if I say so myself. My lasagna is a bit of a different recipe, but tasty and pretty, none the less.


This is the second time I have made lasagna with homemade pasta and have decided it is the only way to go. No more boxed noodles for me. Here's a picture of my piece.
Mouth watering isn't it. If you want the recipe just let me know. Like I said, it's way easy and super tasty.


Bon appetit.

4 comments:

  1. Homemade pasta? Do you have to have a pasta press to make the noodles? I have always wanted to make homemade pasta! You should send me the recipe! lauriem1982@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the America's Test Kitchen cookbook! That has been my favorite cookbook even though my parents generation swears by Betty Crocker. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie-I don't have a pasta press, but I have gotten pretty good at using a rolling pin. I would love a pasta press though, cuz I made ravioli once and it was lots of work.
    Colleen-I know! I love that cookbook, it's the best. I have a few other cookbooks, even one from Alton Brown and I always find myself going back to the test kitchen book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, yours looks better than the cookbook, IMO. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete