Jack has been kind of a stinker lately when it comes to eating. He'll turn his head when food comes his way or knock the spoon out of your hand (super annoying btw). Anyway, I don't know why it took me so long, but I've come to realize-through much detailed testing-that if you pretend to eat the food, or actually eat the food, he'll want it. I've also found that if I feed it to him with a fork rather than a spoon he's a better eater. Does this work with every child or is mine just extra special? I swear he's trying to make me go crazy.
Oh the joy of years to come.
1 day ago




Oh man...what a cute little stinker. Good luck with the eating circus. Love the pics :)
ReplyDeleteI just found that Molly does that too - but I think it goes back to the saying "Monkey See Monkey Do" or at least that's what I tell her. Since she's always diving for my food I figure I might as well make her food my food too! lol...
ReplyDeleteCan Jack pick up food and put it in his mouth? I remember that Rowan would get grumpy about eating but he was a lot happier when he was able to start feeding himself. If he is big enough, maybe try giving him some baby puffs (little puffed cereals that dissolve easily) and see if he has more fun feeding himself. Love you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteHere's the real question. . . do you open your mouth to get him to open his?
ReplyDelete