Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jack has lesions...or does he?

He actually doesn't, but he never fails to pull his classic pranks before any big trips. The ear infections before going to Mexico and Texas. The throwing up when we were trying to head to Toronto. So, when he had a fever Sunday night when we were supposed to go to Cedar Point on Monday, we thought, "here we go again." But I thought, "better now then the night before the drive to Iowa City." But about 3/4ths of the way to Iowa City Jack hollered out "Bazinga" from the back seat.
I noticed some little welts around his neck and first thought they were from the car seat strap, but soon realized that went all the way around his neck and were big welts. Mom and I took a detour and picked up some benedryl, because I figured he was just allergic to some new pollen in Iowa.
By the time we reached our destination the rash had spread up to his face and down his chest. It looked kinda nasty, but he didn't act like it was bothering him (and he didn't have a fever)so I just figured it would go away. No dice. Sunday morning it was still around and I felt the need to explain to everyone at church that he normally didn't have red splotches all over his face. Well, Monday morning when they still hadn't gone away and were starting to look purple, Mark called the pediatrician's office. I guess we had to get there eventually, so what better way to do it then "Jack Style." They checked it out-great facility btw-and concluded penicillin allergy. I thought this was funny because he had been on it 3 times before for ear infections, but I guess you can develop an allergy out of the blue.
Well now the rash is gone and Jack is looking more like himself and getting into trouble. He's on the verge of crawling and so he's reaching for cords and eating bits of who knows what off the carpet, when possible. Good thing we love him and he's so cute, or he would be in big trouble. And I'm sure this isn't the last we'll see of his shenanigans. Here's the pictures to prove it.




As usual, rash or no rash, he still hams it up for the camera.

5 comments:

  1. Aw! But he still looks adorable even with that rash! We are glad you guys made it there safe and sound. Good to hear an update from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurticaria. How do I donate one dollar a month to vitamin-deficient children?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it to Iowa but we're going to miss you guys! Jack left behind so many girlfriends in Ohio ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, that is one cute little boy! He really does look just like Jack Jack from The Incredibles. That rash is crazy! How bizarre! I'm glad it's been resolved. He is certainly breaking you guys in to the stresses of parenthood fast! you'll be pros by the time he is two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh look at that RASH!!!! So amazed that you guys documented it!!!!! (I need to remember to do that more often.)

    sweet angel boy.
    Be glad he isn't crawling yet.
    I'm just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete