Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Shout Out to James Herriot


Ever since I was about 12 or 13 I got hooked on the stories of James Herriot. He was a country vet back around W W II (up through the 60s)and practiced in the Yorkshire Dales of England. There was just something about his true stories that were so intriguing to me and I still love them to this day.
Well I was just looking about on Netflix and found that his books had been made into a tv series for BBC (1978-1990). So I started watched them and have become seriously hooked.
It's amazing how these actors are really going out and delivering lambs and calves-yes they show it-and interacting with the animals, it's awesome. Maybe I'm a little weird or maybe I have just always had a love of animals, but I think they are wonderful.

Here is a pic of the actors. James is on the far right. The guy with the hat (Robert Hardy) actually played Fudge on the HP movies.

Check em out if you are interested, it's called "All Creature Great and Small." If you want to learn more about James Herriot look here

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE JAMES HERRIOTT!!!! I am going to look those shows up. I read a ton of his books as a kid (my dad had them). :o) But I can't believe that you are a James Herriott fan and don't have a single dog or cat. That just seems wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love those books. He is a great story teller. I also like listening to them on CD from our library.

    ReplyDelete