Sunday, August 14, 2011

Baby Time

I don't want to bore you with a long drawn out story, so I'll give you the "2 peso version."


Met Mark at the hospital at 10 am. Hooked up to moniters, talked with the different doctors about the spinal block and the surgery risks and signed my life away on the consent forms. I know they have to, but sometimes I wish they didn't tell you all the risks involved. Part of me doesn't want to know that there is a chance for a heart attack, it just makes me nervous. Anyway...all went well with the spinal block, which made me more nervous then the actual surgery, btw. It so weird to be numbed up that way, it's like heat going through your legs and half way up your chest. Just crazy feeling, I actually had to ask one of the docs if I was still breathing, yea, it's a little kooky.


The surgery went great! Since we didn't know the gender everyone was so excited to find out and were decided who would shout it out. They actually had Mark stand up and look over the drape and let me know. It's a girl! Then the my Dr peeked Tess' head over the drape and Tess let out a little cry right at me. It was so cute and prefect timing. She was born a little after noon and weighed 8lb 7oz and was 20in(give or take) long.


Tess was had blue hands and feet so they had to take her to a transition room to make sure she was getting enough oxygen, but she ended up being just fine.



I had to wait in the recovery room for a few hours and they brought her in.
I don't think the drugs have worn off yet. They gave me a shot of something that made my face so itchy. It was kinda crazy, I didn't really like that. But after a bit we went to our room and enjoyed some family time. I think the hospital stay is great! I got to relax and sent Tess to the nursery every night so I could get some sleep. I also got my fill of the Food Network and all the naps I could fit in. It can be hard to take a nap though, since every time you are almost asleep it's time for a pain pill or your blood pressure.





We are home now and feeling good. That first night was a doozy, but she has been so good since. I only got up twice last night, she's a great sleeper and a little piggy eater. She is so sweet and love her to death. Yeah for little Tess. Enjoy the view:

Snoozin'

Big brother showing his love.


Welcome to the world, little Tess.

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for pictures! I love that picture of Jack and Tess! She is absolutely adorable. And both Clint and I love her name. I am glad she is doing a little better at home. Babies are just so much fun and so sweet, but SO much work! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never get bored of birth stories! yay for a family of 4. what would the name be if she was a boy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is perfect. Great story, awesome blog. <3. welcome to the world Tess. <3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli-we liked Henry Roswell for a boy, but who knows what the future holds...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Keep the pics coming. She looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! Finally got around to blog-checking! :) What a cutie and I can't wait to come up and meet her! :) Glad you guys are doing well and that everything went so good. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! She just melts my heart! That is such a grandma thing to say but I can't help it! She is so beautiful Stacy!!! I'm so glad everything went well and you are recovering. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little girl! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete