Jack had his 1 year wellness visit today and he did super. He sits very still when the doctor listens to his chest, but doesn't really like it when the doctor looks in his ears or mouth. Not too much has changed from a few months ago.
Weight: 20 lbs 1.7 oz, didn't even gain a whole lb
Height: a little over 30 in, so he grew an inch
We are right in the middle at 50% for everything. His weight did plateau a bit, but that can be common once they start moving around more.
The only stinky part of the visit was when they told me he was up for 4 shots and a blood draw this time. Poor dude. It's hard to watch your little one be in pain, even if it's just for a few seconds. Good thing they had 2 nurses, giving 2 shots at the same time in both legs, so it went pretty fast. I didn't mean to tear up, it was like an Automatic Mom Response, I think they call them AMRs. *wink, wink* Afterwards he just sniffled and wimpered and just rested his head on my shoulder. I wasn't sure what to expect for the blood draw, but they just pricked his finger and Jack didn't even flinch. I hadn't even realized they had pricked him, I was too busy trying to destract him (and myself, I guess).
All in all it was a good visit and I was even able to get my flu shot. Yay! We survived.
Here is Jack having some fun with his playthings. He liked using his jumpy seat thingy (yes that is the actual name) as a tunnel. He would crawl through one side and out the other. It was good times.




No comments:
Post a Comment