1 day ago
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Jack's 1st Birthday
On Tuesday the 19th our little Jack-Jack turned the big 1! It made me realize how fast this lst year has flown by and how many changes there have been. Well, not a ton of changes, but a few. We moved from Columbus to Iowa City and Mark started his residency, so now we get paid. That's probably the biggest thing, but we are really enjoying it here. Well, I think Jack had a fun day. Nothing too out of the ordinary. We got balloons and I made him a dinosaur cake, which I was rather proud of. It turned out pretty cute, if I say so myself.
We had some of the neighbors over in the evening for some cake, ice cream, and presents.
I was really excited to give Jack the drum that I had got for him. Lately he has been drumming on everything and so I was happy that he has totally LOVED his drum. He also got some matchbox cars, a Mr Potato Head, a big red ball, and some ping pong balls. They are a smaller ball that fits in his little hand and he loves that. I know, it's all about the balls for boys ( I guess some thing don't change Ha ha). Not to mention balloons, he gets a kick out of them.
Jack loved him some cake too. He mostly just ate the frosting, but that was good enough.
I couldn't find a birthday hat for him, so I made one, but it was too small. It's didn't fit very well and he didn't want to look at the camera when i took a picture. Anyway he ended up pulling it off and ripping it, so that didn't last long. All in all I think it was a great day. He seemed to have a good time and so did we! Here's a picture of Jack rockin out on his drum post party:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It's so fun when you pick the "right" gift! That dino cake is super cute. Well done! Happy first, Jack!
ReplyDeletefun. happy birthday jackaroo.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that he is 1. Doesn't the time just go so fast? Your cake is so cute! You little guy looks just like you. He's a handsome little guy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun age! It only gets funner from here(and more difficult in a way). He's so cute. Hope to meet him soon!
ReplyDelete