Monday, October 18, 2010

A Tribute

After battling with pancreatic cancer for 2 1/2 years, Mark's mother, Linda Stevens, passed away on October 6, 2010. We miss her and love her and were glad that we were a part of her life. She was an amazing women who spent her life in service and raising a wonderful family. She gave me her "old" sewing machine, for my birthday, when she bought a new one and helped me regain a love of sewing and quilting. She was a loving mother and grandmother and I can't wait until we can see her again.

I'm grateful we were able to go to Houston for one last visit and to say our good-byes. Man, was is a hard time, but there was a spirit about the house that I can't even describe. I think there were angels all around, in fact, I know there were. I'm glad that she didn't have to suffer for long, those last few days, and that she was able to see all of her family before passing on. I'm also glad that Jack and I were able to go and visit with her for a week at the end of August. I know it meant a lot to her to see Jack and for Jack to see her. I don't know if he'll rememeber those times, but I feel they are important anyway. WE LOVE YOU, LINDA!

I love this picture of her and Russell

The whole family, back when she was diagnosed

Just enjoying the flowers of Texas

4 comments:

  1. Stacy,
    I'm so sorry to hear of Mark's mother passing away. That must be so hard. I'm praying for you and Mark. Please tell Mark that I'm sorry for his loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute. Clint and I were so sad to hear about her passing. I am glad you guys were able to go to Texas to say good bye though. If you come to Columbus for the holidays we will have to get together. Thanks for sharing the tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Linda too. I am so glad you were able to be there too. Jack is looking so grown up in his Iowa shirt. Is he walking yet? We haven't talked in a while

    ReplyDelete