Friday, September 3, 2010

New Calling


I guess the Lord decided it was time for me to put some different skills to good use, because a few weeks ago I was called to be the 1st counselor in the Young Womens presidency! (For those that aren't familiar with my church, it's the program for girls 12-18 years old).
I know, imagine me with the YW, crazy. But it was really a neat experience when I got called, because I just had this feeling, when we moved here, that I would be in the young womens. I'm totally stoked, I haven't done anything with YW since I was one. There have been lots of changes, the theme is different, the personal progress is different (and by different I mean, more work then I had to do back then), but bring it.
We went ice blocking Wednesday night for our activity and it was super fun. I rode the whole way without falling. It makes me feel young again, I love it. The girls are great too, we aren't a big group, but it's a tight knit group. It's going to be a great experience and I can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still so excited for you. You are going be great and the girls will love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the phrase "I haven't done anything with the Young Women since I was one." really threw me off! I thought... "you were there when you were ONE but not when you were TWELVE??" Funny how we read things huh?! I figured it out pretty quickly don't worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!!! You will be an amazing leader! Those are some lucky girls!! And once you learn the new theme you will be golden!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool, Stacy! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete