Friday, September 10, 2010

Neighborhood Fun

In the condo/townhouse complex, where we live, everyone's front door faces out onto a small grassy courtyard. It's really nice, there is also a sidewalk that runs around the perimeter of the grassy area, so there are always kicks riding bike and big wheels around, it's great. Well there are a few kids that like to come over and see if Jack can come out and play. I think it's so cute. They toss a ball back and forth or play trucks with him. One of the boy's (he's about 7) grandma lives right next door to us and is always asking about Jack. His mom even bought Jack a cute little Iowa Hawkeyes t-shirt, they are super nice.

Also, I had him come inside our place to watch Jack while I took out the trash. Well, he saw that we had a Wii and totally freaked out, "Whoa, you have a Wii? I love playing the Wii." I told him we'd have to plan a time and he could come over and play. Now, everytime he sees me, he's like, "Man, I really feel like playing the Wii right now." Or, "I love Mario Kart, I haven't played it in a long time." I just laugh to myself and tell him we'll need to pick a time that works for both of us. (He's in the purple shirt).




Yesterday a few of the kids came asking for Jack and so we went out to play. They had the wagon out and took Jack for a ride. There is also this little 4 wheeler that is Jack's size, so he like to play on it every once and a while. All the kids just leave all their bikes and toys out in the courtyard so it's kinda fair game to whoever wants to use it. I decided to pull out the camera and get a few shots and the kids were more then willing to pose for the camera. I kept trying to get Jack to look at me when I took a picture, but he was just interested in the wagon. Boys.
We love it here and it's such a great location, just up the road from the hospital. Mark rides his bike everyday and it only takes a few minutes. We are so blessed to be in Iowa City. Go Hawkeyes!

3 comments:

  1. Jack is looking so grown-up! I can't believe how much he has changed in the last little bit. And that is just the cutest post! How fun!!!! :) And let the kid play that Wii for crying out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jack just cracks me up, he is so cute. I love his big front teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is so popular! That is so cute that all the kids want to play with him. I am glad you guys have settled into your neighborhood. Sounds like Iowa is the perfect place for you guys!

    ReplyDelete