Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow & Wind

Just a little glimpse of the leftovers from last nights rip roaring blizzard. For some reason it made me think of Little House on the Prairie, when Pa had to have a rope to get from the house to the barn because visibility was so bad. I don't think I'd ever seen the wind blow the snow like that before. Welcome to Iowa and it's drifting snow, I guess. It also made me grateful to have a nice warm house and not just a covered wagon. Brrrr! I think the high is 10 today.

The inside of the door. all our window screens also had snow stuck to them.

The sidewalk to the parking lot. Yes those are bushes covered in snow. It makes me want to grab the sled and try to slide down them. Hmmm...

Right outside our front door. Yea, that bush is totally covered.
I guess I didn't take as many pics as I thought, but hopefully you get the idea. PS we have great managers (+ some great neighbors) who do ALL the shoveling/snowblowing. So I didn't even have to think about it.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha, i remember that episode! i've said it to davis a million time {esp in the summer} i don't know how the early saints did it! :) stay warm and have fun!

    ReplyDelete