Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Heart Dr Pepper


So, Dr Pepper (DP) and I have had a long standing relationship. I enjoy his frosty tastiness and DP keeps me fit and refreshed. Well, I don't know if it's because I'm now in my 30s or because I have since had a baby, but DP has not been holding up to his end of the bargain. Yes, it is still refreshing, but I've become a little soft around the edges. There must be some fine print that I failed to read or some secret clause, because DP has totally left me hanging.
Truth be told I'm trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm breastfeeding, exercising, trying to eat healthy, & drinking lots of water. But the one thing I can't seem to shake is my love of the Dr. I gotta have it. The sad/happy (depending on who you ask) thing is I really don't want to quit drinking it. Is that such a crime? I know it's not helping me lose the weight and I whine to Mark that my belly roll will never go away, but part of me doesn't care. I like drinking it, the taste, the crunchy ice...
"DP, I just can't quit you"
Any suggestions? Please share your story. And if you tell me to stop drinking it or start drinking diet our friendship will be terminated.
Not really... but seriously.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same love affair with Pepsi. I can't shake it. Those nice cold 20oz bottles sitting in the check out line just call out my name. It's a terrible temptation. I don't fall for it often but when I need 'em, they're there.

    So my advice - just keep it in moderation and you'll be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie. It's good to know I'm not alone. I just have to tell myself, moderation.

    ReplyDelete