Friday, July 15, 2011

4 Weeks Left...or less

So I went to have an ultrasound today and found out we aren't having a human baby we are having a PiG baby! We've decided on Ruthie "Pigface" Draper, for the name, boy or girl. See below:




Just kidding, that is a human baby, but doesn't the shot look a little piggish? He/she (we still don't know) didn't let us get a good face shot, but I did get to see some cute little arms trying to cover that face.


Here's another crazy face and big belly shot of me. Yes, 36 weeks today!


And for those that don't know, I found out this week that this little "piggy" is in the breech position. That is why I had an ultrasound today, to just check it out. Everything looks good, just that the butt is straight down-Frank breech-and the legs come straight up, kinda like a jack knife. Yeah, it was surprising news to me, but I guess some are just stinkers from the get go. ;) So the plan is to try some at home methods to see if I can get the baby to flip, if not, it look like another c-section on Aug 8 at high noon. There is the option of the docs trying to do an external flip, but it's only a 50% chance it'll work. And with my prior c-section, my dr isn't pushing it.


If the baby does flip, and I'm not sure about this, cuz the US tech said it was pretty wedged (but you never know) then we will see if labor procedes. If not, c-section on Aug 15th.


I know, kinda crazy, but part of me feels like it might be an answer to prayers. I have been thinking about trying a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarian) my whole pregnancy, but at the same time praying that I would know the best way to deliver, when the time came. So when I found out the baby was breech the first thought that came to my mind was, "maybe this is your answer." I even said it outloud to my OB and she said, "maybe it is," because we have been talking about options for the past 6 months. I have a GREAT OB, btw, just in case you wanted to know. I told her our birth plan decisions (mentioned above) and she totally agreed and said she would do the same thing, if in my situation.


So I guess that's it. Thanks for listening/reading. Other then this recent news break, all has really been great. I'm feeling huge, but really excited to meet this little one. It has also once again affirmed that we are not always in charge of everything and that the Lord is looking out for us.

3 comments:

  1. We're thinking of you Stacy! Hang in there. Everything will turn out the way it should! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to find out what you guys are having! I am thinking its going to be a girl! I thinks its kinda fun that it will be a surprise. Good luck! C-section or VBAC, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard at the Ruthie Pigface Draper thing. Ha! Good luck with these last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete